A brief explanation of this video series .
2. Short History of the Pan flute (p. 6)
Also see our History Page.
4. The Panflute (p. 15)
About the various styles and sizes of Pan flutes.
3. Basic Music Notation (p. 9-14)
Learn some of the symbols of music notation.
6. How to Play Pan Flute (p. 20-21)
Positioning of the lips and development of your embouchure.
5. How to hold the Pan Flute (p. 17-19)
Tips on posture and placement of hands.
8. Our first note (p. 23-24)
Simple exercises on the note G. Learning to read music.
7. Breathing (p. 22)
Learn the proper techniques of breathing from your diaphragm.
10. Intervals (p. 30-36)
Intervals are the distance between two notes. Exercises for development of technique.
9. Learning more notes C, D, E and F (p. 25-29)
More studies and simple notation skills developed.
12. Chromatics (p. 44-54)
Learning how to play the sharps and flats on the panflute.
11. Intervals and playing higher notes (p. 37-43)
Development of the embouchure for higher tones.
13. Larger Interval Studies (p. 55-65)
Playing larger intervals between pipes.
14. Staccato (p. 66-74)
Short and percussive notes.
15. Legato (p. 75-80)
Playing in a very smooth and connected way.
Suggestions on practicing your instrument